Saturday, May 24, 2008

Getting back into the game.

I went out for a couple hours today with some Virginian traceurs and NoSole coming in from San Francisco. We had quite a bit of fun training at a local playground, and Leon commented that he can tell how much I've progressed in the training over the last year. Always nice to have confirmation of your progression. I'm still a little sore from the wrestling on Thursday, as that was pretty intense, but I still managed to move pretty well, especially considering I haven't actually been out training properly in quite awhile. I felt a few landings in my knees, which tells me I need to up the ante on my leg conditioning. Not too much of a problem, I guess.

After a few hours' break, I did some conditioning in my own home, which consisted of:

2 sets of:
15 ab-wheel roll-outs
10 oblique ab-wheel roll-outs, each side
20 squats, 50lbs
10 reverse flies, 20lbs

The squats were a little weird because I was holding a 30lb. dumbell on one shoulder and a 20lb. on the other, but it still gets it done.

1 comment:

evan said...

Hey, nice to see someone from pkto. I started a parkour blog last month on my parkour training. I hope it keeps me inline and hope our training leads us to the big summer jam.