Sunday, February 24, 2008

North meets South

Today was the North meets South meet, starting at 3PM in Hamilton and closing at 8PM at the Burlington gym. Tons of fun today. The outdoor meet in Hamilton was light and relaxed. We messed around here and there, experimented with some jumps, and played a game of tag to warm ourselves up. First time I've been sprinting in awhile, so it was an interesting experience. After a short time outside, we went and had lunch, and went off to the gym.

The gym experience was great, with people from all over Ontario. Everyone was training, learning, teaching... Wonderful atmosphere. I spent some time instructing some of the newcomers, training my split-foots, and some standard vault training. Tacs, catgrabs, underbars, turn vaults (and amusing turn-vault to underbars), as well as various other things like butterfly kicks, b-twists, these weird lazy twists that Danno could do but no one else could, and just a whole slew of stuff. It was great fun, and I pushed my body to quite a limit, showing some conditioning exercises to the newcomers and whatnot. I started the gym with a quadrupedal warm-up that I've been doing lately, as well, which I'm beginning to enjoy and have much more fun experimenting with as each week comes. Every time I go to the gym, now, I'm finding more and more things to do and ways to move, so that whole boredom thing is slowly weeding itself away.

Tonight was just a great amount of fun and really showed the spirit and strength of the communities of Ontario.

No comments: