Thursday, April 3, 2008

Week 5 - Vault Continuity

Reece leading the warm-ups was rather interesting today, and more intensive than I would have done. It led me to understand just how poor my muscle endurance actually is, because my quads started to give out on me pretty early on and rather frequently, even. Still, not as terrible as what Dan leads and more of this will be good for me. As well, it'll be good for everyone else, if even they have better endurance than I do.

Jordan led the stretching, which was all good and well. And then came my drills. The first thing I had people do was just vault without use of momentum. I'm still trying really hard to get the whole SJ mentality out of everyone. I actually hate seeing it, because it's so unnecessary. Regardless... We began to move to getting people to long jump immediately upon landing a vault, and then vault to precisions. All fun stuff. We did a lot with catgrabs, vaulting into it and then jumping off to a precision from the cat, among other things. It was all very impromptu, but ultimately, it did all follow a theme.. that being the ability to continue movements and execute precise techniques immediately following a vault.

The close of the class was free time, which led to some conditioning and some light technique work. Overall, a very good class and I think it's better off that Reece lead the warm-up because more gets done and more people will feel it the next day.

No comments: